Designed for working professionals, graduates who are or want to be in mid-level management positions, the program enables managers to strengthen the performance of employees who report to them. In addition, it provides an understanding of how their function serves the over-all goals of the healthcare organization they work for.
The Professional Certificate in Healthcare Leadership program that provides students with an opportunity to enrich their knowledge and skills in the fast-growing field of healthcare. It provides curriculum in areas of general leadership such as interpersonal communication, team building and change strategies. It also provides specific curriculum in healthcare topics such as medical ethics and international medical law, regulation and policy, and healthcare finance and budgeting.
- 1st Course: Leadership Introduction & Strategic Leadership: 21-22 February 2020 - 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- 2nd Course: Leadership in Action I & II: 26-27 March 2020 - 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- 3rd Course: Leading an Organization with Purpose: 17-18 April 2020 - 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Location: Crown Plaza Hotel, Manama-Bahrain
- 1st Installment-for seat Reservation 300 BD / 3000 SAR
- 2nd Installment on 26 March 2020200 BD / 2000 SAR
- 3rd Installment on 17 April 2020 100 BD / 1000 SAR
Payment Terms & Conditions:
- Cancellation of Course: we could not reach the minimum number of the delegates, then the course will be cancelled, This is highly unlikely but if this happened, then we will notify you by 15/2/2020 and you will receive a full refund of the paid deposit. Please DO NOT book your flight and/or accommodation before 15/2/2020.
- Refund Policy: Payments are non-refundable. Refunds of course Fees will not be given if you cancel or are unable to attend the course.
- Develop and demonstrate leadership skills
- Expand healthcare & clinical leadership skills
- Use systems-based practice to understand the various impacts of social cultural, emotional, and economic, etc.) on health care
- Develop and demonstrate professional competencies
- Successfully complete a scholarly project based on experiences
Upon program completion of the program students will be able to:
- Understand main issues of Healthcare Leadership
- Expanding the program’s participants knowledge on healthcare leadership
- Developing ability to successfully lead a healthcare organisation
- Develop and demonstrate interprofessional competencies
- Understanding applicable leadership tools to improve performance
- Strengthening ability to be a team member in an organisation leadership team
- Hospital/Primary Healthcare Directors
- Medical Directors
- Healthcare Administrative Directors
- Senior Physicians/Dentists/Pharmacists Who Plan to Embark on Leadership Positions
- Senior Nursing Member of Staff
- Professionals who have planned to embark on Leadership positions in the future.
* A Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) consisting of 60 questions (60%) and an Assignment of 40% assisted by a faculty
* An MCQs written examination of 100 questions (100%)
Participants who successfully pass (60% of the total mark) the examination will be awarded a Professional Certificate in healthcare leadership.
The Assessment would be either of the two:
- A Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) of 60 questions (60%) and an Assignment of 40% assisted by a faculty
- An MCQs of 100 questions (100%)
Dr.Howard Scott Podolsky
Dr.Farry Bruce Jeffrey
American University of RAK is a government university and in June 2017 The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) in the United States has granted candidacy status for accreditation to the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK). This status has been achieved by the university in the Middle East for the first time exhibiting AURAK leading position as a young but a fastest-growing university in the Arab World.
Course 1. Leadership: Background & Introduction
- An Introduction to Leadership: An Emphasis on Healthcare (2 Hours)
- Management & Leadership: Are they the same? Similarities & Differences (1 Hour)
- Contemporary Theories of Management & Leadership (3 Hours)
Course 2. Strategic Leadership
- Effective Strategic Leadership I: Principles of Strategy (2 Hours)
- Effective Strategic Leadership II: Theory to Practice (2 Hours)
- Effective Strategic Leadership III: Developing a Strategic Plan for Healthcare (2 Hours)
Course 3. Leadership in Action I
- Policy-making, Policy & Procedure Development for Healthcare Leaders (2 Hours)
- Developing an Organizational Chart for a Hospital & a Primary Healthcare (2 Hours)
- Developing Practical Leadership Experience: Workshop (2 Hours)
Course 4. Leadership in Action II
- Leading Quality with Confidence: Healthcare Accreditation as Practical Side of Healthcare Quality
- Financial Management & Budgeting for Healthcare Leaders (3 Hours)
- Medical Law & Ethics in for Healthcare Leaders (3 Hours)
Course 5. Leadership in Action III
- Emotional Intelligence & Primal Leadership for Healthcare Leaders (2 Hours)
- Culture, Cultural Intelligence & Role of Culture in Healthcare (1 Hour)
- Action-centred Leadership (ACL) (1 Hour)
- Communication, Team-building & Team-working in Healthcare (2 Hours)
Course 6. Leading an Organisation with Purpose
- Financial Management & Budgeting in Healthcare Leaders (2 Hours)
- Medical Law & Ethics in for Healthcare Leaders (2 Hours)
- Clinical Leadership & Clinical Leadership Competency Framework (2 Hours)
* A 60-minute examination will be held examining students by a 60-MCQ set of questions
1.WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE COURSE?
A. Healthcare Professionals holding a university degree with 2 years work experience ate eligible to register for the Professional Certificate. If a candidate holds a college Certificate with substantial years of experience can also discuss his/her eligibility with program director at the BDA Center.
2. WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO REGISTER FOR THE PROGRAM?
A. Competence in English is a MUST as all lectures and workshops are in English.
3. WHAT WILL I BE AWARDED AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM?
A. After the lectures and training workshops, there will be a one hour written examination with the candidates who successfully complete it being awarded a ‘Certification in Healthcare leadership’ issued by American University, RAK Campus.
4. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO BE TRAINED FOR BEFORE I GET THE CERTIFICATION?
A. The program is an intensive training program useful for working healthcare professionals. There are 36 hours of face-to-face training carried out over five full days, in addition to a one-day revision and workshop bringing the total length of the program to six days. For developing a relevant assignment for leadership of a healthcare institution, participants should develop a plan on their own time under supervision of a faculty Member.
5. HOW IS THE TRAINING PROGRAMME ORGANISED?
A. There will be six days of lecture/training or workshops that will take place on a weekend day (Friday or Saturday)..
Either an Examination (60 MCQ) & an Assignment,
an Examination (100 MCQ)